[Limdep Nlogit List] bootstrap LCM

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 20 04:35:06 AEDT 2019

Hi Jaap.  There are several reasons I suspect this won't work.  First, you
can't concatenate
a number onto a character string and obtain a character string.  So,
calc;i=2$ then "i.csv" does
not produce the character string "2.csv".  Second, if it did work, your
program below just imports
1.csv over and over again.  The calc;i=1$ should be before the DO
statement.  BUT, I think you
should just be using PROC$ ... ENDPROC$ EXECUTE... for this construction,
not DO.   Do you
really have 1,000 data files.  There must be an easier way to do this.  If
you had all that data
stacked in a single file, you could import the whole thing once, than use
SAMPLE;...$ inside a
procedure to control which observations to be using.  This would also
obviate creating 1,000
output files, which will also be a pain in the neck.  One last point.
notwithstanding everything else,
it looks like you don't have the full path to the import files in the
command, so even if everything
else did work, your program would probably not find the data files.
Cheers
Bill