[Limdep Nlogit List] Portion of new variables are created as 'missing' instead of 0-1

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Mar 1 13:53:13 AEDT 2019

The CREATE command operates on the current sample.  The observations that
do not
have the >> next to them are not in the sample.  Those observations become
missing
values in the commands below.  You should precede the CREATEs with
SAMPLE;All$
That will solve the problem.
/Bill Greene

On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 6:22 PM Abhay via Limdep <
limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating new variables in NLOGIT using the following commands:
>
> create;if(hwy_cl=1) frwy=1$
> create;if(hwy_cl=2) ushwy=1$
> create;if(hwy_cl=3) st_rt=1$
> create;if(hwy_cl=4) cnty=1$
> create;if(hwy_cl=5) munci=1$
> create;if(hwy_cl=6) pvt=1$
>
> However, portion of the newly created variable values are shown as
> ‘missing’ instead of binary 0-1. This happens only for few rows (the row
> numbers without ‘>>’ symbol). What does this means and why could this
> happen? Here is a screenshot of the Data Editor window:
>

> Regards,
> Abhay Lidbe

> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St., 7-90
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.212.998.0876
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
Associate Editor: Journal of Choice Modeling