[Limdep Nlogit List] Crosstab command

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Tue Apr 2 03:16:56 AEDT 2019

Alessandro. To get the frequencies for a discrete variable, use
HISTOGRAM ; List ; Rhs = the variable $

Regards,
Bill Greene

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 12:13 PM Alessandro Corsi <alessandro.corsi at unito.it>
wrote:

> This might be a trivial question, but I just installed Nlogi6 and I was
> trying to get a table givng me the frequencies of a discrete variable.
> As I always did with previous versions, I gave the following command:
>
> CROSSTAB;Lhs=LEV_LET;Rhs=ONE$
>
> but I received the message: Error    316: Crosstab: One of the variables
> is always <= 0 or >= 50.
>
> Though, my LEV_LET variable is neither <= 0 or >= 50, as shown by Dstat:
>
> DSTAT;Rhs=LEV_LET$
>
> --------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>          | Standard                                    Missing
> Variable|         Mean    Deviation      Minimum Maximum    Cases  Values
>
> --------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
>   LEV_LET|      .706007      .581714          0.0 2.0    12752       0
>
> --------+---------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Descriptive Statistics for   1 variables
>
> DSTAT results are matrix LASTDSTA in current project.
>
> What is the problem? (BTW, I noticed that this version of Limdep does
> not seem to accept underscores in the variable names, even if they are
> reported with underscores in the variable list).
>
> Thnks for any help
>
>      Alessandro
>

> Alessandro Corsi
> Dept. of Economics and Statistics "Cognetti de Martiis"
> University of Torino, Italy
> Lungo Dora Siena, 100/A
> 10153 Torino
> Phone: +39-0116704409

> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St., 7-90
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.212.998.0876
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
Associate Editor: Journal of Choice Modeling