[Limdep Nlogit List] Joint logit model in NLOGIT5

Mikołaj Czajkowski miq at wne.uw.edu.pl
Sun Sep 16 00:21:03 AEST 2018

Dear Minal,

If I get your problem right, you could do this by stacking your data so
that for each respondent there are residential, workplace and travel
mode choices, and then the next respondent and so on. If the attributes
differ - simply use them all and replace their values with 0 if they
were not used in a particular choice (if the levels are the same for all
alternatives it does not matter anyway). And make sure you set the panel
structure right - count all choices of each respondent: residential,
workplace and travel mode. You can then easily make coefficients
choice-type specific or generic, depending on your desired specification.
One thing to probably think about when stacking your data like this and
having generic coefficients is controlling for choice-type scale
differences.
I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mik