[Limdep Nlogit List] Joint logit model LIMDEP

minal srivastava minal.crri at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 17:21:20 AEST 2018

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: minal srivastava <minal.crri at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Sep 7, 2018, 16:41
Subject: Joint logit model LIMDEP
To: <limdep-request at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au>

Dear All,

In case of forming a joint logit model for residential location choice and
travel mode choice, how should my data format look like.
I know for a MNL model or a Nested logit model, for each observation I need
to convert to long data format ( depending upon the number of choice
alternative). For e.g. for 100 observations with 5 travel mode choices, the
total number of data input lines would be (5*100) =500.

But in case of joint logit model, If I have 3 location choice alternatives
and 5 travel mode choice alternative how should I prepare my data input
file? Am I supposed to use two different data files, one with (3*100) 300
input lines and other with (5*100) 500 input lines?

Looking forward to your kind reply.

--
Thanks & regards,

Minal
New Delhi- India.
Email: minal.crri at gmail.com
Website: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ht0aC3Q8Z2FBpq9RCg6F97?domain=crridom.gov.in
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/ht0aC3Q8Z2FBpq9RCg6F97?domain=crridom.gov.in>

*"**Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.*"
 - *Oscar Wilde*