[Limdep Nlogit List] Help to estimate equality constrained latent class model

Thomas Eagle teagle at tceagle.com
Fri Mar 17 14:16:36 AEDT 2017

Why do you want to constrain all parameters across 8 of the classes, set a
different to zero in the first 8, and all parameters to be zero in the last
class?  What kind of latent class model is that?  The purpose of a latent
class choice model is to find different groups of respondents who have
differing parameter values across classes?  Usually one fits an
unconstrained LC choice model and then imposes constraints to make the model
more parsimonious.

I can see some simplified constraints to force a type of mover-stayer model,
but I cannot fathom the model you are trying to fit...

Tom Eagle