[Limdep Nlogit List] queries: how to explain heterogeneity in Ordered Probit model with random parameters

Puteri Paramita p.paramita at qut.edu.au
Wed Mar 8 15:54:53 AEDT 2017

Hi all,

At the moment, I am analysing a comprehensive data set of socio-economic variables and journey characteristics variables of urban train riders from in Australia.
I am employing NLOGIT/ Limdep software to estimate an ordered probit model with some random parameters, especially using OPROBIT command.

This ordered probit model aims to estimate satisfaction level towards the train fare (in the form of ordinal variable) as a function of socio-demographic (in the form of categorical variables, i.e. income level, employment, etc).
A few of the independent categorical variables are random parameters following either lognormal or normal distribution. Therefore, I added fcn line command in the model.

The OPROBIT commands with random parameters works well, and I am able to estimate the parameter coefficients.

Now, I would like to know more about those random parameters, e.g. what are the socio-demographic and journey experience characteristics  that affect the heterogeneity among different respondents?
In particular, one of the random parameters is one-way train fare, so I would like to test whether income level and employment of respondent affects their view on train fare?

Is there any additional command line that I can insert to OPROBIT commands in order to explore the heterogeneity of its random parameters?
Any other way that you could suggest to explore and explain the heterogeneity of the random parameters?

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Puteri Paramita BSc.(Hons.) Statistics and Mathematics, MSc. Transport Planning
Transportation Group | School of Civil Engineering and Built Environment
Science and Engineering Faculty  |  Queensland University of Technology
Room S831, Level 8, S Block, Gardens Point Campus  |  2 George St, Brisbane Qld 4000
mail GPO Box 2434, Brisbane Qld 4001, Australia
mobile +61 434 804 415  | email p.paramita at qut.edu.au<mailto:p.paramita at qut.edu.au>  |  www.qut.edu.au<http://www.qut.edu.au/>