[Limdep Nlogit List] Error components model - specify correlation based on variable

Young M.A. M.A.Young at soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 27 22:49:07 AEST 2017

Hi,

As far as I can tell from the NLOGIT manual, the only specification available for the error components model is the one that uses the tree structure (nested) analogy.

I would like to specify the correlation based on a variable, which would seem to be  what the error components interpretation of ML should allow.  In my case I want this to be the distance between each pair of alternatives (or some function of this distance).

Is this possible using NLOGIT?

Thanks

Marcus