[Limdep Nlogit List] wtp in lclogit

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Mon Dec 4 11:22:34 AEDT 2017

Charles.  The matrix for WTP is created before the program has detected
what type
of model will be computed.  The latent class logit model is a MNL model in
each
class.  Therefore, the WTP in each class is the same for every individual -
it is just the
same ratio of parameters for everyone.  Since it is not known which class
any individual
is in, it is not possible to discern which of those (two in your case)
ratio applies to a
given person.  For that reason, the matrix wtp_i is not filled.  It would
just be the same
value for each individual.
Regards,
Bill Greene

On Fri, Nov 24, 2017 at 12:49 PM, RAUX Charles <
Charles.Raux at laet.ish-lyon.cnrs.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a specification of latent class multinomial model (below)
>
> lclogit; choices=air, car, bus, train, none
>                ; lhs=choicem
>                ; model: U(air, car, bus, train) = <asca, ascc, 0, asct>
>                               + <da, dc, db, dt> * duration + pc * price
>                               / U(none) = anone
>                ; show model
>                ; pds=6; pts=2
>                ; wtp=da/pc, dc/pc, db/pc, dt/pc$
>
> This works fine, parameters are significant and the matrix wtpi is created
> with four columns and nearly 300 rows (the individuals). But filled only
> with zero. What is wrong?
> Charles Raux

> Limdep at mailman.sydney.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St., 7-90
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.212.998.0876
Editor in Chief: Journal of Productivity Analysis
Editor in Chief: Foundations and Trends in Econometrics
Associate Editor: Economics Letters
Associate Editor: Journal of Business and Economic Statistics
Associate Editor: Journal of Choice Modeling