[Limdep Nlogit List] Interpretation of Mixed logit model

Mikołaj Czajkowski miq at wne.uw.edu.pl
Thu Aug 17 19:01:28 AEST 2017

Dear Fan,

in mixed logit a parameter is described using a parametric probability
distribution. This distribution could have a mean that is close to zero
(not significantly different) and some non-zero standard deviation
(significantly different from 0). This is a fine result meaning that on
average (mean) the effect is close to 0, but there is some heterogeneity
around this. On the other hand, if standard deviation is not
significantly different from 0 - you might as well model such a
parameter as fixed, as heterogeneity around the mean is not significant.

I cannot say if it makes sense for your variables / model, but
technically such a result is fine.

Best,
Mik