[Limdep Nlogit List] RPL - heterogeneity in mean for a subset of random parameters

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Jun 1 22:53:09 AEST 2016

Len. The device you need is described on page N-537 of the nlogit10 manual.
Regards,
Bill Greene

On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 8:46 AM, Hunt, Len (MNRF) <len.hunt at ontario.ca>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am trying to estimate an RPL whereby only some random parameters have
> mean shifters (and consequently, I cannot use RPL= ). The real problem for
> me arises from the fact that I specified several of these random parameters
> as lognormally distributed to ensure that the parameters are strictly
> positive. So ... I cannot simply create new variables that interact the
> mean shifter and random parameter variables; and estimate parameters for
> these interactions directly in the RPL.
>
> Is there a way to fix (to 0) some of the mean shifter parameter estimates
> in an RPL using the "RPL=" option? If yes, please explain how. If no, does
> anyone have any other potential solution?
>
> Thanx in advance,
>
> Len

> Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au

William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business, New York University
44 West 4 St., 7-90
New York, NY, 10012
Email: wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Ph. +1.212.998.0876