[Limdep Nlogit List] grouped data regression

Andreas Drichoutis adrihout at aua.gr
Fri May 7 22:22:19 EST 2010

I still don't understand how to structure this in limdep. Let's take an
example. Assume y* is reported for group 1 like this: y*<1, 1<=y*<15,
y*>=15. For group 2 y* is reported as: y*<4, 4<=y*<18, y*>=18. How do you
set the limit for the extreme J category? Is it the same as for the J-1
category or should I leave it blank? Is the below coding correct?

Group

Limit1

Limit2

1

1

1

2

1

15

3

1

15

1

2

4

2

2

18

3

2

18

2

2

18

3

1

15

2

1

15

I did the above coding and then run the syntax:

 Grouped ; lhs=y ; rhs=one,x1,x2 ; limits=limit1,limit2 $

But I get this error:

Error    49: GROUPED Y > # limits + 1. Bad data or too few limit values.

What am I doing wrong?

Andreas