[Limdep Nlogit List] Error msg-Nested logit

Ho Quoc Chinh hoqchinh at yahoo.com.vn
Sat Mar 13 12:21:48 EST 2010

Hi,

2 semicolons(;;) were used in your code. Only one ; is neccessary.

Further, try this tree specification instead.
Tree=TTTa,TTTb,(NTTTa,NTTTb);

Good luck .

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 13, 2010, at 4:05 AM, "Gonzalez, Juan" <jgonzalez at rti.org> wrote:

Hi,

I am running a nested logit model but the program is not letting me
specify an IVSET command. Here is the code I am using:

NLOGIT;     Lhs=prefer1,count,altij;

           Choices = TTTa,TTTb,NTTTa,NTTTb;

           rhs = ANG100,...;

           tree=TT TT[(TTTa),(TTTb),(NTTTa,NTTTb)];;

           ivset:(TTTa,TTTb);

           printvc;

           Checkdata $

This is basically the specification provided in the NLOGIT manual to
jointly model RP and SP data. The only difference here is that I don't
have a fixed number of choices so, under LHS,  I added:

Count = # of options in each question

ALTij = Number for the alternative respondents see.

I think this is the right thing to do with a variable number of choices.
Everything else is pretty much standard (I think).

The error message I keep getting is :

 Error    71: Variable list contains a name not in the expected table.

 Error   539: Variable list: The unidentifiable string is TTTA

 Error  1092: IVSET:( list ) ... Unidentified name appears in (list)

 Error  1092: IVSET:( list ) ... Unidentified name appears in (list)

The error goes away if I comment the IVSET line. Can someone help me
identify what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your help!

Juan Marcos

Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au
http://limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au

      Truy cập Mail nhanh hơn! Yahoo! khuyến khích bạn nâng cấp trình duyệt lên Internet Explorer 8 mới, tối ưu hóa cho Yahoo!. Tải tại đây!
http://downloads.yahoo.com/vn/internetexplorer/