[Limdep Nlogit List] Nlogit result fails to complete with different Halton pts number

Durham, Cathy cathy.durham at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 12 04:18:38 EST 2010

 I'm running an Nlogit that finishes with normal status if Halton=20, that is
'Normal exit from iterations. Exit status=0.'
But when I ramp it up to Halton=100
I get
'Line search does not improve fn. Exit iterations. Status=3'
What does this indicate? The likelihood at exit is the same as the Halton=20 ends normally with.

I'm running a heirarchal form rather than true rpl with parameters on attributes
That are functions of the rpl variables, that is using (c) in the fcns.