[Limdep Nlogit List] Variable choice sets

Martin, Shane L. slmartin at mitre.org
Sat Jun 19 03:26:11 EST 2010

I think what you need to do (someone else can verify this) is to define a variable called "AIJ". The value of this variable is the number of the choice. Then, you can define the utility function using whatever. Suppose the universal choice set is 20 choices, you can set choices = 1,2,3,...,20.
Then something like U(1,2,7,8,10) = .....  / U(3,4,5,6)=... /....
Then you can define the LHS= choice, nij, aij. In your case, the value of NIJ should be =10 for all data. So, choice is 0 or 1, nij=10, and aij identifies which choices are actually being offered.

This may not be exactly right, but I've been struggling with something similar. Someone who is better at this than me may be able to shed more light.

Shane