[Limdep Nlogit List] zero expenditures - Grouped data regression model

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Mon Jun 14 20:34:40 EST 2010

Steven.
The suggestion was that the zero values be treated as one of two
decisions in a hurdle (two part) model. Your equations would be
D = 0 if y = 0 <---- possibly a probit model
D = 1 if y > 0
Then a model for y|y>0, such as a truncated regression in the
continuous case.  For your grouped data, with the discrete outcome,
probabilities for your GROUPED model are scaled up by the
probability that y > 0.
/Bill Greene