[Limdep Nlogit List] Another NLOGIT/LOGIT Question

Martin, Shane L. slmartin at mitre.org
Fri Jun 4 22:18:35 EST 2010

CLOGIT
;Lhs=CHOICE,nij
;Rhs=fare, itdist, circuity, gates, concs, runways, direct, seat
;wts=weight
;maxit=1500
$

I've tried using this command with the same results.  In this case, choice = 1 or 0 dependent upon whether the choice was made.  Weight is the frequency weight.  The rest is the same as before.

I agree that I can't be fitting the same model, but I'm not sure how I'm not...

Shane

Shane. I'm familiar with both.

You cannot be fitting the same model. I suspect you should have

a dependent variable that is 0 for the nonchosen choices and 1 for the

choice, and add ;WTS=weight to the nlogit command.  Even with weights,

a clogit model will converge in a handful of iterations. Your setup

can't be right.

Bill Greene