[Limdep Nlogit List] Ordered probit model with selectivity-partial effects

Barry Quinn b.quinn at qub.ac.uk
Tue Jul 13 03:01:21 EST 2010

Hi,

I am estimated the above model using the command below

Probit	;lhs=y;rhs=x;hold$
ordered	;lhs=techscor;rhs=lnta,occup,ilcu,urban;select$

I would like to calculate partial effects for this model (ideally APEs, but at the mean of the observations would be a start), and the standard command (;margin) doesn't produce an output.

I therefore would like to do this manually using matrix commands and have a few questions re how to proceed

I would like to calculate both the direct(from index probability function) and indirect(from selection equation)
-For direct effects of each outcome I should use only the subsample(ie y=1) that is used to estimate this model?
-For indirect effects I should use the full sample?
-If anyone had some code re the calculation of average partial effects for an ordered probability I would be most grateful and hopefully I could adapt it to the case of selectivity.

Many thanks

Barry

NB
I have tried and failed with
;full;margin$
;par;margin$
I also used the E31.2.6 example in the manual which uses simulated data and still no margial effects using  ;margin$.