[Limdep Nlogit List] selection model with the selection equation as a mulitnomial logit model

Barry Quinn b.quinn at qub.ac.uk
Fri Aug 27 15:55:27 EST 2010

Hi Diane,

If i am reading your problem correctly the first stage is the selection equation " a dichotomous variable (0,1)" and the second stage is your outcome equation "multinomial model"??

If so then you are dealing with estimation of a multinomial model with selectivity which is already pre-programmed in Limdep.

So the suggested command would be something like

Probit; lhs=dichotomous selection variable ;rhs=characteristics affecting selection;hold$
LOGIT 	; Lhs = dependent variable(s)(coded y=0,1,,,,,J OR a set of J+1 proportion variables)
		; Rhs = characteristics affecting multinomial choices; select$

Barry Quinn

Queen's University
Management School
Queen's University Belfast