[Limdep Nlogit List] Nlogit crosstabs Slight change in what follows.

Durham, Cathy cathy.durham at oregonstate.edu
Tue Aug 24 10:49:33 EST 2010

I've come to the realization that the actual v. predicted table produced from the ;crosstab statement with an nlogit run is not what I expected. I reproduced the values resulting from
;list
 by writing out the formulas to create predictions and they are what I expected, but using the same principles to replicate the crosstab output does not. One would think the correctly predicted numbers would be the same.

The Nlogit 3.0 reference manual (p.N3-21) says the predictions are  obtained as the Integer part of the formula Sum over t P^ sub jt times y sub jt

What exactly are P^ and y  in this formula?
Is t the choice set, and is j the alternative?

In the printout tabulations are headed with the following.
	    | Cross tabulation of actual vs. predicted choices.    |
          | Row indicator is actual, column is predicted.        |
          | Predicted total is F(k,j,i)=Sum(i=1,...,N) P(k,j,i). |
          | Column totals may be subject to rounding error.      |
Thanks.

Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au