[Limdep Nlogit List] Help with clogit model

Manit Satitsamitpong manit835 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 22:21:09 EST 2010

Dear All,

I am very new in this area. I really hope someone could help me with the
command or concept about the choice model that I am facing right now.

Suppose I would like to estimate customer preferences and the relative
importance of service factors of IPTV such as price per month (range of
price), video on demand feature (high or low), setup cost (high or low),
enhanced service (yes or no),and other 2 factors.  Then I created say 16
profiles of combinations of those factors (conjoint questions)  for
respondents to answer.  I understood that if I asked respondents to rank all
those 16 profiles (combinations) then I can use SPSS to run the conjoint
analysis and then I can calculate the importance of each factor.

My question here is what if I break down those 16 profiles into 4 choices
sets with each set contains 4 profiles (combinations) and then ask
respondents to choose the best choice (alternative) among each choice set.
 In this case, I don't think I can use clogit command to do so.  Because
clogit command asks me to provide the choice list (specific names of each
choice) but in this case I don't have a specific name for each combination
of choice set.

clogit   ;lhs = choice
            ;Rhs = price, video, setup_cost, enhance_service
           ;Choices = ????
$

Here I don't know what to use as the parameters for Choices since all those
16 combinations are different, unlike the transportation mode (air, bus,
car, train) given in Professor Greene's book.  Is there any way for me to
use LIMDEP or other software to run this data given the data that i have
(choice data instead of ranking data).   Thank you very much.  I am really
appreciated your time for reading this mail.

Best regards,
Manit Satitsamitpong