[Limdep Nlogit List] Problems with Expand

Jadwiga Kostrzewska dwakotki at wp.pl
Sun Oct 18 09:07:35 EST 2009

Dear All!
I have a problem with Expand. The first binary variable is denoted as
-999 very often ;--(

--> CREATE; Expand(X115)$
X115     was expanded as _X115_  .
Largest value =   4.   4 New variables were created.
Category
  1  New variable = -999        Frequency=    1199
  2  New variable = X11502      Frequency=     950
  3  New variable = X11503      Frequency=    3448
  4  New variable = X11504      Frequency=       3
Note, this is a complete set of dummy variables.  If
you use this set in a regression, drop the constant.

It is very uncomfortable for me because I am expanding a lot of
variables, and I have to use RENAME; -999=X..01$ after every Expand.
Any ideas?
Sincerely,
Jadwiga Kostrzewska