[Limdep Nlogit List] The partial effects in non-linear utilityfunctions in the Ordered Choice models

Andreas Drichoutis adrihout at aua.gr
Thu Jun 25 19:25:37 EST 2009

Simona, what is the formula you use for the overall partial effect? From my
understanding it should not make a difference and you should only observe
one sign change, unless I'm missing something.
In the case where you only included age (and not age squared) the partial
effect would be something like this:
PE=b1*(f(MU1-b'X)-f(MU2-b'X))
Now if we assume that b2 is the coefficient of age squared you should
compute:
PE=(b1+2*b2*Age)*(f(MU1-b'X)-f(MU2-b'X))
Are you computing these at variable means?

Kind regards,
Andreas