[Limdep Nlogit List] matrix commands

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Thu Jun 4 05:14:41 EST 2009

If the dimensions you give below are correct, then the matrix you
are trying to compute is 71 by 710, which is well over 50,000 cells.
If the beta_i has been created by a random parameters estimator,
however, it is probably 71 by 5, not 5 by 71. Likewise, if XR is a
set of columns in the data set, chances are, it is 710x71, not the
reverse.  In any event, the matrix product you are computing below
is too large.  However, if your description is precisely correct,
the way to extract the first 10 elements in each row is to use only
the first 10 columnsof XR.  You can extract these with XRsub=XR(1:71,1:10).
/Bill Greene