[Limdep Nlogit List] mnl with constant

André Markemann markeman at uni-hohenheim.de
Sat Aug 22 02:53:40 EST 2009

Dear all

I try to estimate a simple mnl for a choice task layout with two animal
profiles (alt1 and alt2) and an opt (no buy) alternative.

I would like to obtain one constant term for both of the profiles and one
constant for the opt out.

However, including ONE as the ASC, I get two constants for alt1 and alt2,
respectively.

The code would look similar to this

CREATE ; J = Trn(-3,0)$

crea; if(j=1) alt1=1; if(j=2) alt2=1; if(j=3) sq=1$

crea

;no_sq=1-sq$

Nlogit

;Lhs=y

;choices=alt1,alt2,no buy

;Rhs= DIA17,DIA21,DIA25,c1,PA2,PA3,PA4,T80,T120,TE2,TE3,PRICE,sq$

How do I compute a constant for the alternatives alt1 and alt2?

Thanks.

André, Germany.

André Markemann

University of Hohenheim (480a)

Animal Breeding and Husbandry in the Tropics and Subtropics

Garbenstrasse 17

70599 Stuttgart

Germany

Phone: +49 711 459 22477