[Limdep Nlogit List] Varying number of alternatives

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sun Aug 16 04:01:44 EST 2009

Dear M. Lagarde.
Please see the chapter in the NLOGIT manual on specifying the
choice variables for choice models. There are specific ways
set up for exactly the situation you describe. You have to
provide a pair of additional variables in your LHS setup.
THe first tells how many choices the individual faces. The
second tells which. The ;CHOICES=list provides the list of
names in the universal choice set. Every individual will be
choosing among some or all of these.
/B. Greene