[Limdep Nlogit List] Trouble with Excel 2007

Jill Caviglia-Harris jlcaviglia-harris at salisbury.edu
Mon Sep 29 06:51:44 EST 2008

List Serve Subscribers:

I am having a significant amount of trouble reading files that have been created in Excel 2007.  Saving as 2003 version does not seem to work - yet I can read the files I created in the 2003 version prior to switching to Excel 2007.  The other option is to save as a csv file - but it is my understanding that the csv read requires that you enter in the variables names by hand - this is not useful as the data I am reading changes often (names of variables and order in which they are included).  I have tried the names=n and labels=1 commands but cannot seem to be able to read in the variable names from the csv version.

Thanks.

Jill Caviglia-Harris
Associate Professor
Economics and Finance Department