[Limdep Nlogit List] Endogenous Stratification- Help with Code

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Sep 24 13:02:53 EST 2008

Peter. TLQ is a function of T and T is one of your parameters.
The problem is being caused by TLQ becoming nonpositive. Since the
function in the second command is different from the one in the
first, it's not possible to predict what will happen to T. I would
say you have to force T to be positive, either by estimating ET
= exp(T) or T2=T^2. (I would use the first.)  There
are a couple oddities in the second code. It appears that y*log(1-w)
became y*log(1) (which equals zero, of course), and the last term
is log(exp(b1'x)) = b1'x.  Finally, since you computed a1=Exp(b1'x),
you should be using a1 in the subfunctions that follow.  Also, did
you recompute K before you fit the second equation, if you changed
the namelist?
/Bill Greene