[Limdep Nlogit List] Getting AIC, BIC and CAIC from a latent class model output

immaculate omondi imomondi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 23:34:06 EST 2008

I am running some Latent class models. I would like to know how many segments (classes) would give me the best model fit. I understand that the information criteria statistics (Akaike Information Criterion- AIC, bayesian Information Criteria- BIC and CAIC) can be helpful, in part, in giving an indication of the fit of the model as the segments are added.

However, the output results I get from my models does not give these information criteria statistics. How can I get them for my models? If not, is there another way of assessing the model fit as segments are added in a model?

Thanks,
Immaculate