[Limdep Nlogit List] Best-worst estimation

Data Analytics Corp. dataanalytics at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 13 06:46:01 EST 2008

Bill,

Thanks for the advice on this.  I had to put the issue aside for a few
weeks to address other clients, but now I'm back on it.  I do have
NLOGIT (4.0) so I looked at the documentation.  It's confusing.  On page
N10-9, it says at the bottom that ranks data may be used with RPLOGIT.
But then on page N17-23, if says that ranks data is not available for
it.  Which is it?  Am I overlooking something?

Assuming it can handle the problem, the coding would be a 1 for the best
option, 3 for the worst option, and 2 for the unranked options.  There
will actually be more alternatives that won't be shown in any one choice
set.  In fact, there are 32 all together with only 4 shown at once in a
choice set.  So the 28 unshown ones would be coded 0 - correct?

Thanks,

Walt

--

Walter R. Paczkowski, Ph.D.