[Limdep Nlogit List] ZIOP model

Andreas Drichoutis adrihout at aua.gr
Mon Oct 27 19:41:16 EST 2008

Dear all,

I'm estimating a zero inflated ordered probit model and I get this error
message (after 192 iterations have been completed):

Warning   142: Estimated correlation is outside the range -1 < r < 1.
Warning   142: Estimated correlation is outside the range -1 < r < 1.
Warning   142: Estimated correlation is outside the range -1 < r < 1.
Warning   142: Estimated correlation is outside the range -1 < r < 1.
Warning   142: Estimated correlation is outside the range -1 < r < 1.
Line search does not improve fn. Exit iterations. Status=3
Check derivatives (with ;OUTPUT=3). This may be a solution
if several iterations have been computed, not if only one.
  Error   806: (The log likelihood is flat at the current estimates.)
logl,k,n=  -2301.718845      82   25923

The results look ok. I'm getting a very high and significant correlation
factor (0.997). Are my results valid?
In addition, what should I make of the fact that the Vuong test and BIC are
in favor of the ordered probit model while the AIC is in favor of the ZIOP
model?