[Limdep Nlogit List] Error in Gamma estimation

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Oct 8 07:21:39 EST 2008

Anil. The message would suggest that your data are not consistent
with the gamma model. I would not say you can ignore the message,
since the estimator barely left the starting values. This is an
indicator that this is the wrong model. There is no way to "correct"
it, save to consider a different model. The gamma model is pretty
difficult in any event. Perhaps a different specification, such as
the NegBin-P model would work.
/Bill Greene