[Limdep Nlogit List] Binary logit RPM

pascal bourgeat pascalbourgeat at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 22 11:22:15 EST 2008

Dear limdep users.

  I  have been trying to run a binary logit model on customer satisfaction data adding the commands (from the limdep/nlogit 8.0 manual) after my logit command, rhs and lhs commands (e.g.  RPM; fcn = one(n) , var1(n), var2(n), var3(n), var4(n) ;  par ; pts=100, R; halton$

  The problem I have is that the model only runs the overall logit model and then stops witout trying to estimnate the rpm model and no error is reported.  When I use exactly the same commands but run PROBIT instead of LOGIT, the RPM  works.

  Now I don't expect the two models to be that different in parameters but is there any particular reason as to why the Logit RPM doesn't run with these commands?

  thanks

  pascal