[Limdep Nlogit List] Simultaneous equations with one ordered probit

M Goergen M.Goergen at sheffield.ac.uk
Sun Jun 15 01:32:17 EST 2008

Dear William

Thank you very much for your help with this. I shall have a look at the Rice et
al. paper.

All the best,

Marc

Quoting William Greene <wgreene at stern.nyu.edu>:

> Marc. You cannot use 3sls with an ordered probit model. The dependent
> variable is just a label for an outcome, not a quantitative measure.
> Also, chances are, you are using the textbook benchmarks for indentification
> of your model, which are also wrong because you have a discrete dependent
> variable.
> There is a recent paper in JAE by Rice, Contoyannis and Jones that deals
> with an endogenous ordered outcome variable that you might find useful.
> /Bill Greene

Prof. Marc Goergen
Sheffield University Management School (SUMS)
Sheffield University
9 Mappin Street
Sheffield S1 4DT
UK

Tel: +44 (0)114 222 3488 (direct line)
Tel: +44 (0)114 222 3379 (Ms Karen Hector - secretary)
Fax: +44 (0)114 222 3348

European Corporate Governance (ECGI) Research Associate
http://www.ecgi.org

SSRN author page:
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/cf_dev/AbsByAuth.cfm?per_id=29035