[Limdep Nlogit List] Reading Large Files

souki vixa souki11 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:07:44 EST 2008

Dear Elango,

Before reading Excel file, the cell format should be set to 'General'. I faced the same problem and it worked. My file records were much smaller though and I used Excel 200.

Good luck
Souksavanh Vixathep
Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies (GSICS),
Kobe University Kobe, Japan
*************************************> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 08:52:24 -0600> From: elango at ilstu.edu> To: limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au> Subject: [Limdep Nlogit List] Reading Large Files> > Dear Members:> Please advise. I have a rather large file with 7000 records and 85> fields in Excel format. I am unable to make LIMDEP 9 (9.01) read my> file completely (it reads it only partially).> I have already tried the following options:> 1. Increased the data area in LIMDEP to meet this requirement > 2. Copied the file from Excel 2007 (Copy/Paste/Special/Values) into> a new file and saved the same in Excel 2003 format and attempted to> import the same. > 3. Saved the file in csv format and attempted to import the same.> 4. Saved the file in wks format (using SPSS as current version of> Excel does not offer this option) and attempted to import the same.> 5. Saved the file in sav format and attempted to import the same.> Anyone solution will be appreciated. Thank you. > Elango> > > __
 _____________________________________________> Limdep site list> Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au> http://limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au