[Limdep Nlogit List] Marginal effects in a random parameter model

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Dec 5 03:25:30 EST 2008

Jaap. I would not compute those in that fashion. The computation
of the "firm specific" estimates is automated in limdep. Add
;PARAMETERS to the command, and a new matrix, in your case with
two columns, named BETA_I will be computed.  But, these are the
E[coefficient | all data for i] described in the manual. It is
much more involved than your expression. These are essentially
the same as a Bayesian posterior mean for beta(i).  Note that the
MEs for x1 and x2 are just the raw coefficients.
Regards,
Bill