[Limdep Nlogit List] Buchinsky estimator

Eaton, Derek Derek.Eaton at wur.nl
Thu Dec 4 20:21:26 EST 2008

Geraint,

It is surely possible, if you were to write all the procedures yourself
(including for inference). For quantile regression though, I use R
because of how many relevant procedures and functions that have been
written by Roger Koenker and others (see the quantreg package on
http://cran.r-project.org) and which you can 'easily' customize if
necessary. In particular, there are already many procedures for
inference on quantile regression. I must admit that I have yet to see
the code for Buchinsky's sample selection problem, but given all the
work on censored regression something similar might already be there.

I would expect that learning to write the procedures in LIMDEP for
someone who knows LIMDEP's language is about the same investment as
starting from scratch as a newbie with R. If you are not familiar with
where to look, send me an email and I will give you some links to
documents and articles as well.

Regards,
Derek Eaton
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Derek Eaton
Researcher, International Trade & Development
Agricultural Economics Research Institute (LEI)
part of Wageningen University & Research Centre

derek.eaton AT wur.nl
t: +31-(0)70-335 82 43
f: +31-(0)70-335 81 96
p: P.O. Box 29703, The Hague, 2502LS, The Netherlands
www.lei.nl/uk

LEI B.V. is registered with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KvK)
under number 271 894 20 0000.
www.disclaimer-uk.wur.nl