[Limdep Nlogit List] Latent Class Respondent Identification

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat Aug 9 10:16:07 EST 2008

Phil:  If it were possible to find out which respondent
belongs to which segment, then
(1) The classes would not be latent and
(2) It would make no sense to fit the model as an LCM. You
would just separate the observations into the segments to begin
with and fit separate models for each.
The closest you can get is a best guess of the class based on
the probabilities, which you get with ;CLASS = variable in your
model command.  However, this just makes the class assignments
based on the largest posterior probability; it is not definitive.
/Bill Greene