[Limdep Nlogit List] T-Test for comparing means of two groups

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Sat Apr 12 20:43:08 EST 2008

Ms. Frischmann. The easiest way to do this is to create a dummy
variable for one of the groups (either), then regress the variable
in question on a constant and the dummy variable. The t statistic 
for the coefficient on the dummy variable is exactly what you want.
/Bill Greene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tanja Frischmann" <frischma at wiwi.uni-frankfurt.de>
To: "Limdep and Nlogit Mailing List" <limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2008 10:52:15 AM (GMT-0500) America/New_York
Subject: [Limdep Nlogit List] T-Test for comparing means of two groups

Dear Limdep Users,

I only have a simple question: Is there any possibility of applying a t-test
to compare means of two groups in Limdep?  

Thank you in advance.

Tanja Frischmann
PhD candidate,
Department of E-Commerce 
University of Frankfurt

Limdep site list
Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business
New York University
44 West 4th St., Rm. 7-78
New York, NY   10012

More information about the Limdep mailing list