[Limdep Nlogit List] Reading Excel files

sr6214150 sr6214150 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 02:50:14 EST 2007

I am having problem reading a file that I created in I created an Excel file from SAS in the older (Excel 5.0) format and tried to read it but nothing happened. The I created a tab-delimited TXT file and used the read command but still could not read in the file. In each instance I opened the file to make sure it is readable.I am reproducing the commands and the output that LIMDEP created. Would any one tell me what I am doing wrong?

--> RESET
Initializing NLOGIT Version 4.0.1 (January 1, 2007).
--> READ;FILE="E:\SPCORP\Zetia\PE0658\vytorin_cohort\Expanded_defn_20070501\h...
--> READ ;  Nobs  = 9438
    ;  Nvar  = 77
    ;  Names = brevasc, bmi, bdiabetes, bstroke, bathero, bother_rsk_hyperten...
                bdepression, bosteo, frst_event, prev_event, bother_rsk_menopaus...
              bheart_failure, bpad, cens_dt, patid, last_rec_dt, cv_hosp_event, pre...
              baseline_chol, baseline_non_hdlc, eligeff, eligend, age, fst_dt, prim...
              no_comed, cens, gdr, time_to_event, pat_yr, bl_exp, log_bl_exp, exp_c...
              cens_6mo, cens_9mo, cens_12mo, cens_15mo, cens_18mo, cens_21mo, cens_...
    ;  File  = "E:\SPCORP\Zetia\PE0658\vytorin_cohort\Expanded_defn_20070501\...
    $
Last observation read from data file was       1
End of data listing in edit window was reached

Regards,
Srini