[Limdep Nlogit List] re: panel tobit model

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Mon May 21 21:52:16 EST 2007

Ms. Qui.  I cannot comment on the correctness of your model
for your data.  Perhaps an ordered probit model might be better
since it looks like the outcome is an ordered, but qualitative
measure.  As for the RE model, if the data give no indication of
correlation of the unobservables, then a cross section approach
might be better.  On the other hand, it seems to me that given what
you are measuring, for most observations, there will be no variation
across time in the LHS variable.  That makes it very difficult to fit
any kind of panel data model.
/B. Greene

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics