[Limdep Nlogit List] A simultaneous model for y and z with y limited to (0, 1) and z truncated count

Russell Rimmer rimm-em0 at wpmail.paisley.ac.uk
Mon Jun 25 01:41:23 EST 2007

Dear Limdepers,
I submitted the message below a little while ago.  Since then I have
not made progress on the estimations I'm hoping to undertake.  I thought
I would re-post in the hope that someone can point me in the correct
direction.

Regards,
Russell

Dear Subscribers,
I would like to estimate the following model:
y = a0 + a1*z + a2* z^2 +a3*(lagged y) + controls
z = b0 + b1*y + b2*(lagged y)

y is restricted to the unit interval (0, 1) and z consists of the
counts 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.  I have data for two periods only.

Using nonlinear 3SLS I have estimated a similar system excluding the
term in z^2 and treating y as NOT restricted to (0, 1).  However, I
don't know how to estimate the two parameters in the beta distribution
for y when it is restricted to (0, 1) while simulataneously estimating
both y and z.

Can anyone help please?

Regards,
Russell

Russell Rimmer
Professor of Strategic and Human Resource Management
Paisley Business School
University of Paisley
Paisley PA1 2BE
Tel: 0141 848 3447
Fax: 0141 848 3614

Legal disclaimer

The information transmitted is the property of the University of Paisley and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination and other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.