[Limdep Nlogit List] negative IIA test statistic

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Tue Jun 19 07:41:57 EST 2007

Aleks. The problem is the matrix you inverted to get VNINV. It is not positive
definite, so the inversion returned something unusable.  Take a look at the
matrix (before inversion).  Are there rows and columns of zeros?  Negative diagonal
elements, etc.  If so, go back and examine how the matrix was created.
/Bill Greene

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business