[Limdep Nlogit List] Multiple SP questions per respondents and Starting Values in RPL model

Patil, Sunil S-Patil at TTIMAIL.TAMU.EDU
Sat Jul 28 08:27:14 EST 2007

Dear All,

I am trying to estimate a random parameter logit model for predicting
mode choice of drivers. The data contains four stated preference
questions corresponding to four trips for every traveler. I was
wondering how to account for this, considering that we assume the
distribution of random parameter across individuals and not across all
trips.

Also, if I wish to provide starting values for the random parameter (for
both mean and std. deviation) how can it be done?

I would greatly appreciate any response to these queries.

Thanks,

Sunil Patil

PhD Candidate,

Texas A & M University,