[Limdep Nlogit List] ;asc and Information Criteria

Hendrik Ernst hendrik.ernst at fh-gelsenkirchen.de
Fri Jul 20 00:39:53 EST 2007

Dear list members,

I tried to estimate a Discrete Choice model with a Nlogit command as
follows:

NLOGIT
;Lhs=wahl,anzalt,alternat
;Choices=vas,self
;asc
;model:
U(vas)=price*Preis+time*zeit+quality*Qualitt+VAS*Revas/
U(self)=price*Preis+time*zeit+quality*Qualitt+VAS*Revas$

The following error message occurred: (supposedly because of the asc
command)
Error  1049: Model has no free parameters among slopes!
Error  1024: Failure estimating DISCRETE CHOICE model.

If this error is due to my "bad data" I would like to know how to
compute the No Coefficients Log-L Function for comparison with Constants
Only Log-L Function and Coefficiant Log-L Function.

Additionally, since NLOGIT's output contains AIC, BIC and HQIC I would
appreciate if anybody provides me with how NLOGIT computes these criteria.

Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks and best regards,

Hendrik.