[Limdep Nlogit List] Comparing two models

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Wed Jan 24 23:46:41 EST 2007

Andy.  You cannot use the LR test for this pair of models.  They are nonnested, so the LR test
does not apply.  There is a huge literature on testing procedures for nonnested models and
nonnested hypotheses.  This includes, for example, tests by Cox and by Vuong.  There was also
a special issue of the Journal of Econometrics about 10 or 15 years ago on the subject.
Regards,
Bill Greene

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics