[Limdep Nlogit List] executing a loop containing over 200 lines of commands

Richard Hofler rhofler at bus.ucf.edu
Thu Feb 1 23:17:50 EST 2007

Hello All,

My question pertains to executing a loop containing over 200 lines of commands.

I believe that loops can only execute when they are inside procedures. (PROC, ...., ENDPROC, EXEC.) I understand that the maximums within one procedure are 2500 nonblank characters (comments don't count because they're stripped off) and 50 commands. My 200 lines exceed both constraints.

I tried the tactic of separating the 200 lines into 7 procedures, each of which is well below the character and command constraints. However, I can't figure out a way to execute all of the stored procedures within one loop.

So, here's my question. How can I execute 200 lines of commands multiple times as a loop?

Thanks,

Richard