[Limdep Nlogit List] Heckit model

Randy Kesselring RANDYK at astate.edu
Sat Dec 1 09:34:18 EST 2007

Marc,

When you run the probit, it uses all of your observations and you have a
sufficient number to accomplish that estimation.  When you use the
select command it selects only the observations for the variable on the
left-hand-side of the probit that equal one.  This significantly reduces
the number of observations, and in your case, there are not enough
observations to accomplish the estimation.

Randall G. Kesselring
Professor of Economics
Arkansas State University
Phone: 870-680-8467