[Limdep Nlogit List] Bivariate Probit Selection for a Tobit model

Steven Yen syen at utk.edu
Fri Aug 31 11:22:33 EST 2007

Professor FLETSCHNER:

I have a paper forthcoming soon in Applied Economics, which is similar to what
you are doing:

Lin, B., and S.T. Yen. 2007. "Grain Consumption in the US." Applied Economics
38:in press.

In that paper, I have a "bivariate Tobit model" (whole grains and fine grains
consumption) with two binary endogenous variables (nutrition knowledge and
food label use). I have one more equation than you need, and mine was lower
censored at zero, but adjustment to upper censoring should be straightforward.
The paper is probably coming out any time now. Let me know if it sounds like
what you need.

Steven Yen
Department of Agricultural Economics
The University of Tennessee