**SPAM** [Limdep Nlogit List] Non-linear optimization in Limdep

Philip A. Viton viton.1 at osu.edu
Tue Aug 21 00:21:04 EST 2007

Sure - all you have to do is to be able to write down an expression
for the log-L for an arbitrary observation : limdep will sum them
automatically. (No code, sorry).

One thing to watch out for, though: as Bill Greene pointed out here a
few weeks ago, the max/min commands do NOT respect the SKIP command,
so you will need to figure out a way to bypass bad data on your own,
or else arrange for your entire dataset to be guaranteed missing-data-free.

At 05:45 AM 8/20/2007, you wrote:
>I am wondering if it is possible to use Limdep-Nlogit for estimating a
>variation of a conditional logit model. That is, it is possible to use
>the minimize/maximize commands to optimize the likelihood function of a
>conditional logit model (or a variation of it)?
>
>In such case, does anybody has some examples??
>
>Thanks!
>

>--
>A.Bujosa
>Balearic Islands University

>Limdep site list
>Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au
>http://limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au

Philip A. Viton
City Planning, Ohio State University
275 West Woodruff Avenue, Columbus OH 43210
viton.1 at osu.edu